Available Positions (1)
Development Assistant (part-time)
Desert X, a non-profit arts organization that produces an international, site- specific art exhibition, is seeking a director of development. The organization, founded in 2015 in Palm Springs, California, has produced three successful exhibitions, in 2017, 2019 and 2021. These exhibitions garnered vast international media attention and critical acclaim and were funded by an active board, local and national philanthropists, local municipalities and businesses, and corporate funders.
The organization is proud to offer free admission to the exhibition, which runs for nine weeks. Additionally, it has a robust public and education program.
The Development Assistant will be part of a small, energetic team working to advance Desert X’s mission by generating a sustainable, growing funding base. Reporting to the Director of Development, the Development Assistant will support a range of critical cultivation and stewardship activities including donor appeals, special events, sponsorships, grant writing, and membership drives. The position will maintain and develop day-to-day administrative systems which support the overall fundraising effort. This position is located in Palm Springs, CA.
- Assisting the Director of Development with the following duties: scheduling and arranging logistics for meetings; calendar and contacts maintenance; meeting preparation and follow-up expense reports and other additional responsibilities
- Regularly manage and update constituent database (eTapestry) and Mailchimp mailing lists
- Research potential individual and institutional prospects and add information to constituent database, e.g. meeting notes and emails
- Manage donor and gift data from various online portals into central constituent database
- Manage gift acknowledgement process and produce donor letters on a weekly basis
- Manage and execute membership and donor mailings, gift solicitations and renewals, and overall fundraising correspondence
- Work closely with the Finance department on incoming gift processes
- Provide support on special events including planning, preparation and execution and processing of online RSVPs, and on-site support
- Prepare gift and fundraising reports for department and Executive use
- Achieve proficiency in various frequently used fundraising software
- Write, proofread, edit and send correspondence, including but not limited to: Fund agreements, addendums, donor letters and gift proposals
- Support cross-functional/department activities, when related to fundraising
- Undertake special projects as assigned by the Director of Development or other senior staff.
Experience & Skills
- BA preferred with minimum of 1-2 years of experience in an area related to administrative support, development, project management or event coordination. Prior nonprofit work experience a plus
- At least 1 year of CRM/database experience required; knowledge of eTapestry a plus
- Exceptional skills in the areas of organization, attention to detail, time management, ability to manage multiple tasks, define and set priorities and problem solve
- Excellent customer service abilities
- Excellent reading, writing and grammar skills – both written and verbal
- Excellent skills and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, working with databases and internet research
- Demonstrated team player with strong collaboration abilities
- Ability to take initiative with projects to work both independently
- Flexibility in schedule required
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org